Sunday, July 22, 2018

My First Post - Welcome!



Wahoooo! Happy "launch" day! I have spent the past few weeks preparing for this very moment, and now the time has come. Mary Had A Little Shop has officially launched!
I have been all over the world. I have drank wine in Tuscany, eaten a scorpion in China, camped in the Okavanga Delta, and swam with dolphins in the Indian Ocean. And yet... somehow I feel as though this endeavor, starting a blog, will be one of my biggest adventures yet! 

My goal for starting this blog is to:
  • reflect on my experience as a 5th grade teacher in Chicago
  • share relevant resources for the classroom and give my readers a chance to use them too!
  • stay current with educational issues and curriculum
  • inspire teachers around the globe

In summary...Mary Had A Little Shop is more than a store; it is a daily source of inspiration! I am going to share weekly posts and resources for elementary teachers because I believe we are more alike than different. If it is happening in my classroom, then it is happening in your classroom too! My goal is to shoulder the work by sharing resources and ideas with one another. Regardless of where we are teaching, we are all living in the same world and share a common goal: to teach and to inspire our students. We can avoid reinventing the wheel by learning from each other.

I hope you enjoy checking out my channel trailer (that's the video above!) While you're waiting for my next post, check out on my other sites:

I'm interesting in knowing who are among my first readers. 

Don't be shy - leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment